If you are from UP or Bihar you will know well what this dish is about. For people who don’t I’ll explain it further.
Health wise this sattu contains immense benefits on once health.
Benefits of Sattu-
Consume it daily for a glowing skin.
Helps in maintaining weight loss.
Gives instant energy
Best health drink during summers to keep you hydrated know how to make sattu drinkSattu ka sharbat
What is Sattu made of?
Sattu is made from roasting black chana with the skin and grind it to fine powder use it by storing in an air tight container. Without sieving it.
A quick and easy kachori recipe, you can even make parathas out of this instead of frying.
So let’s get this yum recipe now
Sattu ki kachori
- 1 cup sattu flour
- 4 to 5 green chili finely chopped
- 2 cup Chopped onions
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ajwain/carom seeds
- 2 teaspoon kalonji/ Nigella seeds
- 3 teaspoon sauf/ fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon pickle masala (the one which you use daily)
- 2 cup wheat/ refined flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water or as per consistency For kneading the dough
- 2 tablespoon oil for moyan
- Oil for deep frying
- Make the dough first with the given ingredients, dough has to be soft
- Now, heat a pan and dry roast ajwain, kalonji, sauf. Keep aside
- Take a bowl add in chopped onions, garlic, green chili, coriander leaves, lemon juice, pickle masala, dry roasted seeds
- Mix it well, now add in oil, salt and sattu flour
- Mix this well ,check the salt or adjust accordingly
- Stuffing for the kachori is ready
- Keep a kadhai or wok with oil for heating
- Meanwhile roll small size portion of the dough and stuff the sattu mixture, seal it ,press it flat and deep fry them.
- Sattu kachori is ready for serving
- Enjoy it with curd.