Indian street food can never ever be complete without papdi,now papdi chaat is all time favorite in and around the world .And did you know it can be made in the house and much better and healthier.
So today’s recipe is papdi perfect for summer vacations as kids keep craving for some thing or the other whole day,just make these papadis and let them decide what topping they love on it.make them in bulk and store😊trust me they’ll be vanished in days.
The store one’s are made of maida/refined flour,but I have used wheat flour with maida as well,but the ratio is 1:1 as my twins eat them in every alternate days so i have to be cautious in what they eat and eating maida/refined flour on daily basis is just a No No for me.
This papdi can be used for dahi puris,bhel , papadi chaat and sev puri.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup maida/refined flour
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon ajwain
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Round cutter for shape
- 5 tablespoon oil
- Water for kneading the dough
- Fork for pricking holes
- Take Maida and wheat flour in a large bowl in which mixing can be done
- Add salt,kasuri methi and 5 tablespoon oil
- Mix it well with your hands
- Add water if required and knead a soft dough
- Let it rest for half an hour
- Take small portions of the dough and roll into large round shape just like roti
- Using round cutter,cut them into shape
- Using the fork prick holes on the rolled papdi
- Spread them on sheet or newspaper
- In same manner make all the papdi
- Remember while spreading on the paper keep it covered with a wet cloth
- Otherwise it will dry up
- Now,deep fry them till light brown
- Store them in air tight container
- This can be used for one month.
- Your delicious papdi are ready
- Serve them a quick snack to your guests.
- Adding oil to the dough makes it crispy don’t skip this.