This generation is divided into two parts half being the pizza gang and half being the Indian samosa gang😂😂I hope you agree,if not you are free to do so😉but if you take on a serious note there still are people who would give away pizza for samosa and with people I mean the younger generation.
And the gang that I am talking about is none other than my twins,they love samosa.The street from where they pass by for classes has a small hotel from where aroma of Deep frying samosas just make you feel hungry and wanting to just have , from that place samosa have become my twins fav,in either way it had to happen as their dad is a hardcore fan of Samosa 😃.
Coming from Uttar Pradesh where all the samosa and chaat stuff started making them was never a big deal and every house had their own way of making masala.The whole trick lies in the masala or stuffing of samosa a little bit here n there with the masala you are gone,so perfect quantity of spices is the main stuff.
This recipe which I am sharing is the one made by all the local shopkeepers from Purvanchal region and main bazar of our native place that’s Pattinarendrapur,any person who has tried samosa from UP will get easily connect to it by have this one.
Now,lets get the recipe
#purvanchalstadka #foodbloggers #indiancooking#samosa#snack
Look at the picture aren’t they tempting.
Makes around for ten people.
- Half kg maida/All purpose flour
- 1 kg potato/boiled and mashed
- Oil for deep frying, shortening and frying masala
- 1 tablespoon kalonji n ajwain
- Salt for the dough and stuffing
- 200 grams coriander leaves
- 10 green chillies or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon saunf/fennel seed
- 1/2 tablespoon rai/mustard seed
- 1/4 tablespoon hing/asofetida
- 1/2 tablespoon amchur powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Haldi powder
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Now that you have boiled and mashed potatoes keep it aside
- Take a blender jar and blend all this ingredients- green chillies, coriander leaves, haldi powder, coriander seeds,garlic, curry leaves and coriander powder with little water
- Keep the paste aside
- Heat kadhai with oil add rai let it crackle
- Add saunf/fennel seeds,saute
- Pour in the paste and fry till oil leaves the sides
- Now add in salt,amchur powder and hing
- Cook for a second
- Add in the mashed potatoes
- Give it a nice mix,here you need some muscle power😀
- Let them cool
- Meanwhile knead the dough with salt,oil,kalonji,ajwain and water
- Start rolling into disc shape and cut into half
- Make triangular shape
- And stuff the potato mixture
- And seal the ends by pressing well or applying water at the edges
- Stuff all the samosas in that shape and keep ready
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Start frying all the samosas till light brown in colour
- Serve them with dahi or chutney
- Have a party then do try this samosas make them before and stock,just microwave them before the party starts and serve hot
- You can even have samosas with gujarti kadhi they really taste yum check the link here http://Gujarathi kadhi
- Until then keep exploring….
- Thank you for stopping by