Here’s presenting an awesome Badam katli recipe today, mind you, this will leave you drooling over. Scrumptious and delicious mithai which is easily made at home. With few ingredients easily available in your kitchen pantry.
If you just get the trick and technique right then nothing can stop you from making any recipe …that’s quite motivating 😀
So why don’t we get to the recipe….. Let’s get started
- 200 grams sugar
- 250 grams badam/ almond
- 200 grams water
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon elaichi / cardamom powder
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- Parchment paper/ butter paper
- Soak Badam / almonds overnight
- Peel the skin
- Spread the Badam on a muslin cloth and let it dry under the fan for 4 to 5 hour’s
- Once Badam has completely dried up blend it to a coarse powder and keep aside
- Soak the saffron in warm milk
- Take a heavy bottom kadhai pour water and sugar, boil it till one thread consistency
- When you reach to the desired consistency add the powdered Badam
- Keep the flame low and stir the mixture continuously
- Pour in saffron milk and stir
- Add 2 tablespoon of ghee
- Now combine the mixture and fry for 10 to 15 minutes
- If you find the mixture too dry after frying for 10 minutes pour in some more ghee
- When the mixture starts leaving the kadhai and combines together, then it’s ready.
- To check whether the mixture is ready just roll little mixture with palm if it sticks add a little ghee and fry and if it doesn’t (see the pic below) then you are good to go
- Off the flame let it cool a bit not completely
- Spread a parchment paper and pour the mixture
- Take another parchment paper and place it above it
- With the help of rolling pin spread it evenly to a desired thickness you want, take your time, relax and do this.
- Once the mixture is evenly spread cut it into diamond shape with a cutter or knife
- Let it cool
- Badam katli is ready within minutes
- Tastes just yum, mind you this will make your loved one’s go gaga on you
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Enjoy Badam katli, when you have a sweet craving
- Did you like the recipe? Comment down below
- This also marks my 3 years journey with food blogging….
- Until then keep exploring……..