If you have a UPite or bihari friend you will definitely know what is matar ka chivda and if not I’ll explain it you.
What is Matar ka chivda
Winter is the time when new poha or flat rice is harvested, this new poha or chivda tastes much sweeter than the old ones and blends perfect with fresh matar or green peas which also is a winter crop.Mix these two with a little frying and you have your matar ka chivda ready .
I would suggest everyone out there to eat whatever local n fresh is grown instead of packed food.In this way you’ll help your farmer.
Matar ka chivda
- 1 cup mota poha
- 1/2 cup matar
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1 1 /2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped onions
- Taka a kadai pour little oil once oil is hot add in the matars / green peas with pinch of salt
- Mix it well and cover it then cook till matar is cooked, say for 2 minutes on low flame
- Remove it on a plate and keep aside
- In the same kadai n oil add poha/chivda
- And keep roasting it till you find poha to be crispy and crunch
- This will take time and patience
- once chivda is roasted well add in the fried matar
- Mix well add salt and red chilli powder
- Again mix well
- Garnish with onions
- Matar chivda is ready to be relished,enjoy them in the winters
- Until then keep exploring
while roasting the poha be patient as if you hurry you will have half cooked chivda,this will take 5 to 10 minutes on low flame.