South Indian food is loved by all and one dish which you can’t miss on is coconut chutney.without which our dosa,idli and uttapam or mendu vada all would be incomplete. I have personal way of eating coconut chutney with parathas.
Made with fresh coconut this chutney is just so tasty and amazing that only with aroma you’ll die to eat idlis with them.
Coconut tree is such a versatile tree with every part of the tree being used,nothing goes waste.
Off late people have stopped eating coconut as there is news circulated that coconut is high on cholesterol, trust me which is not at all true.if that would have been the case our ancestors would have never be so healthy and strong. We being more choosy about our diet and facing more health issues.
So let’s get cooking
#purvanchalstadka #coconutchutney#southindianrecipes#foodblogger #indianfoodbliggers
- 1 cup coconut chopped (fresh)
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 to 4 green chillies or as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 3 to 4 red chilli
- Some curry leaves
- 1 cup buttermilk or curd
- Water if using curd for consistency
- Take grinding jar add chopped coconut,green chillies, ginger,coriander leaves ,salt and buttermilk or curd
- Grind it to a fine paste
- Pour it in a bowl and keep
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds let them splatter
- Now add red chilli and curry leaves
- Pour them on the chutney and mix
- Coconut chutney is ready to enjoy
- Until then keep exploring….