Struggling for lunch box recipes, don’t worry here’s a simple recipe for any lunch box be it yours or kids, everybody is going to love this. Making them is so simple and quick. Don’t have to bother with any sides here just eat them straight and you will love it.
This recipe or say puri has been my lunch box special and now the same goes with my kids. They prefer having them in their lunch or dinner as well and why not.
Making puri is simple we have to mix potatoes and flour together with some spices to make them taste more yum. So what are you waiting for head straight to the recipe card now
- 4 to 5 boiled potatoes
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala namak
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- Water for kneading the dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a mixing bowl mash the potatoes add the given spices with salt and oil
- Mix everything well mixture gets a crumbly texture
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Now add water little by little and knead a dough
- The dough has to be hard, not sticky if sticky making puri will be difficult, so keep patience while adding water.
- Let the dough rest for another 15 minutes
- Heat kadhai with oil
- Take small portions of the dough and roll it down to puri small circle in shape
- Add in the kadhai and deep fry on both the sides, till light brown
- Serve them hot with pickle or curd.