Korma is an Urdu word. This recipe came with mughals and got to different states, with different versions.
Korma is basically meat or vegetable braised with yoghurt, mixed with spices.
Korma roti here is a mixture of lentil and wheat flour with some spices,served with achar or curd.
This roti is a perfect travel snack as it stays fresh for 2 days. Complete power packed and healthy food.
In every house we do have that one fussy person or child who has all tantrum in eating, this korma roti is perfect for such kids or person as it has the combo of both lentil and flour with ghee, what more healthy and local can we give. Desi bhi Aur tasty bhi.
So let’s get the recipe card
Rajasthani Korma Roti
- 1 cup moong dal (chilkawali, broken) green gram split
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi powder /turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/4 tablespoon jeera powder
- 1/4 tablespoon amchur powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- Luke warm water for kneading
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Some more ghee for applying on roti
- Soak moong in water for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
- After soaking,wash and grind dal to a coarse paste
- Take it in a mixing bowl
- Add wheat flour and all the given spices
- Mix it
- Now add ghee and salt, mix it well
- Start kneading dough while adding Luke warm water
- Dough has to be soft
- Cover with wet cloth and keep aside
- Keep tawa on the flame and meanwhile start making rotis out of the dough
- Cook the roti with applying ghee on both the sides
- Your korma roti is ready to be served.
- Hope you loved this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….