Thandai is a holi special drink. Made and consumed during the spring season. Perfect tea time cake for any occasion, not just Holi festival.
What exactly is thandai Spice Mix made of you can check the link here Thandai Spice Mix
Today’s recipe is a special one as many times we are left with the spices and don’t want to waste or throw them.
Use them in make delicious sponge cake. Trust me this is a no-fail recipe and tastes so good, that the whole house will be filled with the aroma while baking.
No worries if you are not having this spice mix, you can instantly make one with the recipe link given above.
It’s a blend of dry fruits and dry spices pulsed together. So won’t take much of your time let’s just go to the recipe card.
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #thandaisponge
Thandai Loaf Cake
- 200 grams maida/ refined flour
- 120 grams milk
- 120 grams of unsalted butter
- 150 grams sugar( powdered)
- 1 teaspoon kewra essence
- few drops of rose essence
- 2 tablespoon thandai powder mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 120 grams of milk powder
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dry fruits
- Some dry rose petals
- Take a bowl and mix dry ingredients ( maida, baking powder, thandai mix baking soda)
- In another bowl mix wet ingredients milk, milk powder, sugar, butter, kewra n rose essence, lemon juice
- Whisk this together
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Grease a loaf pan with butter
- Pour the cake mixture into it
- Sprinkle some Chopped dry fruits on top
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 160 temperature
- Garnish the cake with chopped dry fruits and dry rose petals.
- Get the thandai spice mix recipe hereThandai Spice Mix
- Super soft and tasty thandai sponge cake is ready.